Come to the Deans Marsh Festival on Easter Sunday, 27th March 2016 and get your hands dirty!
“Growing our Community”
The Deans Marsh Festival theme for 2016 is Growing our Community so we invite you to plant these seeds, raise your seedlings and bring them along to the Festival to help create a community garden.
All you need to do is:
- Plant your seeds, in a disposable or biodegradable pot, e.g. an egg carton, old toilet paper rolls, egg shells
- Lovingly raise the seeds into seedlings
- Bring the seedlings along with you to The Deans Marsh Festival by 11am
- Plant the seedlings into our community garden
- Enter Competitions for: Loveliest Marigold, Healthiest Plant and Most Creative Biodegradable Pot
Each seed pack will contain only one variety of seed.
Sow seeds thinly in a small amount of potting mix in your biodegradable container. Seedlings will emerge between 8-28 days.
Keep seeds well-watered and in a warm protected place.
For more information see www.dtbrown.com.au
For more information or more seed packs please contact us.
Deans Marsh Community Cottage
Phone: 5236 3388
Festival organisers the Deans Marsh Community Cottage are excited to partner with the Bendigo Bank to deliver this “Growing our Community’ project.
We would like to also thank Andrew from Barongarook Nursery for donating the seeds – be sure to visit his stall at the festival and say thanks!